Sunday, December 26, 2010

Cheesecake Factory's White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake


I remember the first time I ever ate at a Cheesecake Factory....I loved the food, the drinks (mmmm appletinis!) and of course the cheesecake!!

Over the years though, this very popular chain restaurant lost a bit of it's appeal to me. However, when I think about making a cheesecake, their version is still my ideal. I like a rich cheesecake with nice height to it and I think a generous swirl of fresh whipped cream on top looks so nice. I was excited when I found this copycat recipe for one of their classic flavors, white chocolate raspberry truffle and made it for Christmas eve.


This was a great recipe and produced a delicious, creamy cheesecake. My husband even said he thought it was better than CF's! The reason....this one was not only rich and creamy, but it had a very fresh taste that is lacking from the ones you order at the resturant.

Side by side comparison: Cheesecake Factory on the left (photo courtesy of Cheesecake Factory) and my homemade, copycat version on the right.
















Below is the copycat recipe. I've noted the changes I made. Enjoy!




Ingredients:

Crust
1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs, such as crumbled Oreo cookies (filling removed)
1/3 cup butter, melted (I used a 1/4 cup)

Filling
1/2 cup raspberry preserves (I used a raspberry pie filling)
1/4 cup water
4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5 eggs (I used 4 eggs)
4 ounces white chocolate, chopped into chunks

Optional Garnish
2 ounces shaved white chocolate (optional)
Fresh whipped cream

Directions:
Prep Time: 20 minsTotal Time: 1 1/2 hrs

1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
2. Create a water bath by placing a large pan filled with about 1/2-inch of water into the oven while it preheats.
3. Combine the raspberry preserves with 1/4 cup water in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 1 1/2 minutes on high in your microwave. Stir until smooth. Strain to remove the raspberry seeds, then let the strained preserves sit to the side to cool.
4. Measure 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs into a medium bowl. Mix in 1/3 cup melted margarine. Press the crumb into a 9-inch spring form pan that has been lined on the bottom and side with parchment paper. Use the bottom of a drinking glass to press the crumb mixture flat into the bottom of the pan and about 2/3 the way up the side.
5. Wrap a large piece of foil around the bottom of the pan to keep the cheesecake in the water bath. Put the crust in your freezer until the filling is done.
6. Use an electric mixer to combine the cream cheese with the sugar, sour cream, and vanilla. Mix for a couple minutes or until the ingredients are smooth and creamy. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl and then add them to the cream cheese mixture. Blend the mixture just enough to incorporate the eggs.
7. Remove the crust from the freezer and sprinkle 4 ounces of white chocolate chunks onto the bottom of the crust.
8. Pour half of the cream cheese filling into the crust. Drizzle the raspberry preserves over the entire surface of the filling. Use a butter knife to swirl the raspberry into the cream cheese. Pour the other half of the filling into the crust.
9. Carefully place the cheesecake into the water bath in the oven. Bake for 12 minutes at 475 degrees, then turn the oven down to 350 degrees and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the top of the cheesecake turns a light brown or tan color.
10. Remove the cheesecake from the oven to cool. When the cheesecake is cool, use the foil from the bottom to cover the cheesecake and chill it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
11. Before serving, sprinkle the entire top surface of cheesecake with 2 ounces of shaved white chocolate.

Source: Food.com

15 comments:

  1. Hi Maria...This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing I'm think I might need to try this for New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy wow, this looks incredible! Definitely going on my 'to try' list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks incredible! I think your version looks better then the original.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful! I made a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake as well for Christmas, but I haven't blogged about it yet! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job. This looks so decadent. Love the swirl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful looking cheesecake! I'm going to attempt this today...had a question about the raspberry instructions....the recipe makes it sound like the raspberry preserves are to be swirled inside but your beautiful picture looks like it's on top as well. Am i missing something? Does it bake up to the top? Sorry - i've never made a cheesecake before and want to make sure i do it right :)
    thanks!
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Molly-

    Excellent question! First, let me say that I used a raspberry pie filling not the raspberry preserves from the recipe. I did swirl the raspberry inside the cheese cake like instructed, then added the other layer of cream cheese filling. I had some raspberry left over and I swirled some on top too. You can do it either way. Happy baking and Happy New Year!

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Thank you sooo much for the super fast response! I can't wait to make this :) I just recently came across your blog and I'm so glad i did! You do a wonderful job!! Thanks a lot!!
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Maria, This looks amazing! I want to make it for New Years day. I also have a question about the raspberry pie filling. Did you use the 1/4 cup water that the recipe calls for, since you didn't use preserves?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made this a while back and honestly don't remember. To be on the safe side start with 2 tbsp of water and see how things look. Happy New Years!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks...I'll try that! Happy New Years to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Yours looks amazing! Mine did too, except it tasted like a souffle, very eggy. I don't know where I went wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was actually very good! I will make it again...thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mine was a disaster. Used the 1/4 cup of water this recipe called for in another site. Don't know if that was was the whole problem, but my crust was mush, margarine all over the place. Again the other recipe called for margarine instead of butter. I salvaged what I could and threw the bottom soupy mess out.

    ReplyDelete